Monday, January 25, 2016

My Art Diary: August - December, Part 3

One of the enjoyable aspects to creating commissioned paintings is the variety and wide range of work that comes my way. Though I do like painting my own dreams I also like the challenge of painting the dreams of someone else. Oftentimes it takes sketches, emails, conversations and more emails to land on that final vision that satisfies the dreamer. It's such a great feeling when everyone walks away happy. Mission accomplished.

In this post I'd like to share a variety of works that came my way because someone in each instance was inspired to give art as a special gift.

The following two acrylic paintings were given as personalized baby gifts. Isn't it fun to think about a newborn entering the world who is greeted with original art that honors him?        
NOLAN
16 x 20", Acrylic on canvas
Rita Salazar Dickerson

JACK
16 x 20, Acrylic on canvas
Rita Salazar Dickerson
 This next project was a birthday gift to a cadet pilot instructor. Who knew that one day I would be painting a flight jacket?
Custom Personalized Flight Jacket
18 x 18", Acrylic on leather
Rita Salazar Dickerson

Cedaredge Peach
6 x 8", Oil on panel
Rita Salazar Dickerson
This last piece was a gift to myself. After spending the day picking tree ripened peaches, my next desire was to paint one.

No comments:

Post a Comment