Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11 Artifact Unveiling



Today I had the privilege of attending the unveiling of the 9/11 Artifact memorial at NORAD. I was able to take photos and I think they will help tell the story. I have only been to NORAD once before and it was years ago for my son's 4th grade field trip. This time it was even more exciting being there knowing that I had a part in this special day. I came early and left late, just trying to soak it all in.




"We Will Not Waver"
"We Will Not Tire"
"We Will Not Falter"
"We Will Not Fail"
It's five sided base forms the shape of the Pentagon.


After NORAD I drove to the campus of UCCS and photographed the 2nd memorial artifact that I had the opportunity to be a part of. It was also unveiled today. I like the fact that this memorial is very accessible to the public.

This monument points toward NORAD and the NORAD artifact points toward New York.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! How special that you were able to be involved in such an important way. And to think those memorials will be there for years and years, viewed by so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is SO wonderful that you are able to put your talent to work for two memorials that are deeply meaningful to our country. Beautiful job, and what a privelege to attend the unveiling at NORAD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you on the news! You were taking pictures of the memorial. You did such a good job restoring the artifact that no one could tell that it was even touched. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so cool Rita !

    ReplyDelete