Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Little Girl Portrait: "Grace" Completed

Grace
oil on canvas, 16x20
7th and 8th Session
Painting Grace's portrait had been a delight on many levels. First, her name brings to mind two  definitions of the word grace (elegance or beauty of form, undeserved favor or goodwill). The name is befitting of her. And then I think of how fortunate I am to be able to paint portraits such as Grace's as well as all of the interesting work that comes my way as a commissioned artist. This painting career that I have is definitely undeserved. God has been gracious. I am truly blessed.

The pink dress was ideal for little Grace. She wears it well. The color enhances her skin as well as her light hair. The background also emphasizes her beauty; the framing of her smiling face with the greenery and then the colorful flowers that dance playfully behind her. It was all so much fun to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment