Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pen and Ink Portraits

Along with my painting, I have been having a lot of fun sketching with pen and ink. It started out with the challenge of doing a drawing a day. And then, without really planning to, I moved from sketching inanimate objects to drawing people. There is something about capturing the likeness of another human being, on paper or canvas, that I cannot resist.

One drawing led to another and soon I was accepting commissions for small, 4 x 6 inch, pen and ink portraits. They make unique gifts that become family treasures. And from those original portraits I have also had requests for giclee prints. The prints become additional gifts to extended family members.

Here are some of the portraits I have sketched recently. Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment